Dr. Brad Klontz | Financial Psychologist | Author | Professor | Speaker | Financial Advisor
Dr. Bradley T. Klontz, Psy.D., CFP®, is a renowned expert in financial psychology, applied behavioural finance, and financial planning. He is an Associate Professor of Practice at Creighton University Heider College of Business, Co-Founder of the Financial Psychology Institute, and Managing Principal at YYMW Advisors. Dr. Brad has made significant contributions to the field with eight books on the psychology of money. He’s a Fellow of the American Psychological Association, a former President of the Hawaii Psychological Association, and received the Innovative Practice Presidential Citation from the American Psychological Association. Dr. Brad is a columnist for prestigious publications, including the Journal of Financial Planning, On Wall Street, and PsychologyToday.com. His work has been featured on ABC News’ 20/20, Good Morning America, The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and USA Today, among others. He’s been honoured with awards like the 2018 and 2021 Montgomery-Warschauer Awards from the Journal of Financial Planning and has partnered with top organizations like Capital One, JP Morgan Chase, Mutual of Omaha, and H&R Block to promote financial health and psychology awareness.
Why You Should Listen:
In this episode, Dr. Brad Klontz shares his passion for delivering practical and relatable financial guidance on TikTok. He challenges the common misconception that millionaires indulge in lavish spending, presenting research that shows they tend to be frugal. Dr. Klontz explores the psychology of trust on social media, the dynamics of content virality, and the stark differences between poor and rich mindsets. Dr. Klontz’s mission is to inspire and challenge listeners to rethink their financial beliefs, helping people gain financial confidence by challenging our assumptions. Be sure to stay until the end when RootHub makes up a song for Dr. Klontz!
- Discover why Dr. Klontz is dedicated to providing financial advice on TikTok.
- Learn to distinguish authentic trust from artificial trust when seeking financial advice on social media.
- Gain insights into the psychology of virality.
- Learn the differences between poor and rich mindsets.
- Get tips on crafting compelling messages that resonate with people.
- Dr. Klontz encourages listeners to challenge their financial beliefs and plant the seed for a brighter financial future.
- The importance of cultivating an internal locus of control
- Understand the importance of providing well-researched financial advice on social media to counter misinformation.
“This is possible for me. I am training to plant a seed,” Dr. Klontz