With Julie Kalkowski | Executive Director at Financial Hope Collaborative at Creighton University & Dr. Nicole White | PharmD, CDCES, NBC-HWC, DipACLM | Associate Professor
Dr. Nicole White is an Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice at Creighton University School of Pharmacy and Health Professions. Her work focuses on lifestyle medicine, chronic disease management, and social determinants of health. She recently assessed the impact of financial education on health outcomes and is currently working on a project to enhance diabetes-related health for low-income patients.
Julie Kalkowski is a consumer advocate who has played a vital role in helping at-risk individuals in the Omaha area achieve financial stability and manage their finances effectively. She has been involved with the Financial Hope Collaborative and the Financial Success Program, contributing to many low-income families’ financial stability.
Why You Should Listen:
In this episode, Julie and Nicole shed light on the transformative power of financial education and coaching. They discuss how to make a lasting impact through financial guidance, drawing from Hope Theory to improve financial and health outcomes. We explore the link between health and finances and how addressing social determinants of health can empower individuals. Learn how achieving economic stability can help eliminate health disparities and why understanding the connection between financial stress and health is vital. Julie and Nicole also discuss their research on the relationship between financial stability and health and share insights on evaluating the effectiveness of financial education and coaching programs. This conversation explores the intricate connection between social determinants of health and financial well-being.
- How to provide financial education and coaching that creates lasting change
- The impact of Hope Theory on financial and health outcomes
- The intersection between health and finances
- Addressing the social determinants of health through financial empowerment
- Achieving economic stability to eliminate health disparities
- Understanding the link between financial stress and health
- Researching the connection between financial stability and health
- Evaluating the effectiveness of financial education and coaching on health outcomes
- Exploring the social determinants of health and their relationship with finances
Research Papers Discussed: