Dr. Meghaan Lurtz Ph.D. | Lecturer | Writer | Senior Research Associate Kitces.com |
Dr. Meghaan Lurtz, Ph.D., FBS™ is a Professor of Practice at Kansas State University, a lecturer at Columbia University and a writer/researcher of financial psychology at Kitces.com. Her research focuses on studying practitioners of financial planning, financial therapy practices and interventions. Meghaan has been featured in various publications including the Journal of Financial Planning, Wall Street Journal, and New York Magazine. She is a board member for the Financial Therapy Association and Financial Psychology Institute Europe.
Welcome to today’s podcast, where we have the pleasure of speaking with Dr. Meghaan Lurtz. Dr. Lurtz is a Professor of Practice at Kansas State University, a lecturer at Columbia University, and a board member for the Financial Therapy Association and Financial Psychology Institute Europe. Today, she will be sharing her expertise on how we can integrate the principles of positive psychology into our financial lives to create a flourishing life.
Why You Should Listen:
If you’re looking to redefine your relationship with money, experience contentment and joy, and align your financial life with your values and character strengths, then this podcast is for you. Dr. Lurtz will be sharing practical tips on how to use the principles of positive psychology to create a flourishing financial life.
- Defining Positive Psychology and PERMA: Dr. Lurtz discusses what positive psychology is and how Dr. Martin Seligman’s work on PERMA can be applied to our financial lives.
- Financial Joy: Dr. Lurtz shares her thoughts on what financial joy means and how we can examine our own definition of financial joy.
- Languishing and Contentment: Dr. Lurtz talks about the importance of noticing when our financial lives are languishing and how we can use positive psychology to experience contentment and flourishing.
- Positive Relationships and Reflection: Dr. Lurtz discusses the power of positive relationships and the importance of reflection to become more aware of what is important to us in our lives.
- Financial Self-Efficacy and Character Strengths: Dr. Lurtz emphasizes the importance of building financial self-efficacy, agency, and using our character strengths to align our financial lives with the areas of PERMA.
In conclusion, Dr. Lurtz provides a roadmap for creating a flourishing financial life by using the principles of positive psychology. Remember to notice the journey, have some fun and play along the way. Thank you for listening!
– What’s Possible Now Article: CLICK HERE
-Kitces.com: CLICK HERE
– Kansas State Program: CLICK HERE
– Columbian: CLICK HERE