Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:07:02 — 153.4MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Spotify | Email | RSS | More
Dr. Michael Thomas Ph.d | Lecturer | Researcher | Author |
In this episode, I had the pleasure of speaking with Dr. Michael Thomas, an Accredited Financial Counselor, lecturer at the University of Georgia, and founder of Modom Solutions – a virtual financial coaching service. Dr. Thomas’s research focuses on financial empathy, self-compassion, financial behaviours, and the connection between brain function and money. In our conversation, we explored what it means to be financially whole, the importance of financial empathy, and the impact of internal and external financial systems on our financial journeys. We also discussed Dr. Thomas’s upcoming book, “Black Financial Culture: Building Wealth from the Inside Out.”
Why You Should Listen:
In this episode, Dr. Thomas shares his insights on how we can find financial freedom through self-awareness, empathy and finding our whole self. He discusses the importance of understanding our whole selves, aligning our spending with our authentic voice, and cultivating empathy to deepen our connections with others. You’ll also hear about his upcoming book, which is a unique blend of financial advice and personal storytelling that encourages readers to reflect on their own money stories. Whether you’re just starting your financial journey or looking for ways to deepen your understanding of your money beliefs, this episode offers practical insights and guidance to help you find and navigate your money story.
– Understanding what it means to be financially whole and aligning our spending with our authentic selves.
– The importance of cultivating financial empathy and how it can lead to more meaningful communication and understanding.
– The impact of internal and external financial systems on our financial journeys and how recognizing these systems can help us make more informed financial decisions.
– Dr. Thomas’s upcoming book, “Black Financial Culture: Building Wealth from the Inside Out,” and how it serves as a love letter that incorporates financial topics written from the heart.
– The power of recognizing and acknowledging our financial stories to find greater financial freedom and live authentically.
– Black Financial Culture (Dr. Thomas’ website for his book): CLICK HERE
– Modom Solutions: CLICK HERE
– LinkedIn: CLICK HERE