Dr. Susan Linn Ed.D | Psychologist | Author | Award Winning Ventrilogquist | Expert on Creative Play |
Susan Linn, Ed.D, a psychologist, an author, and an award-winning ventriloquist, is a world-renowned expert on creative play and the impact of tech and commercial marketing on children. She is a Lecturer on Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and Research Associate at Boston Children’s Hospital. Dr. Linn’s books have been praised in publications as diverse as The Wall Street Journal, Mother Jones, and The New York Times, which called her most recent book Who’s Raising the Kids? Big Tech, Big Business and the Lives of Children, “Engrossing and Insightful.” A passionate advocate for children, Dr. Linn was Founding Director of Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood (now called Fairplay) from 2000-2015.
Why You Should Listen:
Susan’s insights into the impact of big tech, large corporations, and consumerism on our kids are eye-opening. Discover how marketers are waging a battle for our children’s attention, aiming to keep it for a lifetime. As parents strive to set limits, Susan sheds light on how marketing executives work tirelessly to entice with irresistible messages. Join us to understand how our children grow up in a hyper-commercialized culture that promotes buying more as the path to happiness. Susan delves into the severe consequences of this commercialism on children’s well-being and offers actionable suggestions for families. As a psychologist, she provides a unique perspective on the importance of creative play and the effects of tech and big business on our children.
- Learn about the fierce competition among marketers to capture and maintain our children’s attention, which Susan describes as the ultimate corporate payoff.
- Understand the challenges parents face as they try to set limits at home while marketing executives tirelessly work to undermine those efforts.
- Explore the hyper-commercialized culture in which our children are growing up, where happiness is often equated with buying more toys, games, and screen time.
- Delve into the research on the serious consequences of commercialism on children’s well-being and public health outcomes.
- Discover actionable insights from Susan’s latest book, “Who’s Raising The Kids: Big Tech, Big Business, and the Lives of Children,” and learn how families can navigate the impact of tech and big business on their children’s lives.
Susan’s website: CLICK HERE
Susan’s books: CLICK HERE